Personal Information Is:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address and identification numbers.
- Utility installation and usage information
- Special needs information
- Credit records
Needing Personal Information:
We need certain personal information from you in order to:
- Set up your account
- Bill & collect for amounts owing
- Verify creditworthiness
- Continue to maintain your account
- Determine your preferences
- Law enforcement or legal authorizations
We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your personal information will continue to be treated responsibly and legitimately.
- We do not collect more information than is reasonable necessary. We keep your personal information secure and for no longer than necessary.
- It is important that your information is accurate. You have a right to your own information and the opportunity to correct anything that is not accurate.
Requests for Information
In accordance with MFIPPA:
- We need any requests in writing in order to allow your personal information to be given out, requested by you or someone that you have given authority to.
- Depending on the length of time spent to retrieve your information, a fee may be required. We will tell you the amount of this reasonable fee before we begin.
- We have the right to refuse to provide information, with reasons, in writing.
- If an individual registers a privacy complaint, an investigation follows, remedial measures are implemented and documented where necessary.