Beware of Misrepresentation
Entegrus employees will never come to your door trying to sell you energy services or ask you for information about your account.
- If you receive a visit from an individual asking to see your utility bill to ensure you're receiving the best rates, to check your water valves or water heater, or to 'install a piece of equipment on the electrical panel' please use caution. Entegrus is NOT affiliated with any companies such as these, & we will never need to ask to see your bill.
Should you have any questions about their identity, please do not hesitate to ask for their employee ID. You can also contact our office at 1-866-804-7325 (option 2) to verify their identity.
Don’t be a Victim of Phone Fraud
Ontario’s electricity customers are targets for phone scammers, and cost Ontarians over $280,000 annually. Scammers will tell you they’re from your local utility and use sophisticated software to show the utility’s name on your caller display.
- They threaten to disconnect you if you don’t immediately pay by pre-paid credit card or wire transfer.
- They target you when you’re most vulnerable, especially during holidays or peak business times.
- Local utilities NEVER ask you to pay by pre-paid credit card or wire transfers over the phone.
- Local utilities NEVER threaten to disconnect you right away.
- When in doubt, contact us.
- If you receive a call or visit from "Energy Canada" claiming to be working on behalf of your local energy company to receive a $1000 rebate please use caution. Entegrus is NOT affiliated with this company. Contact us to confirm any suspicious requests.
- Entegrus has been made aware of customers receiving texts from a third party claiming they're making collections on behalf of Entegrus. Collections are NOT conducted over text. Please do not respond to such texts and always contact us (1-866-804-7325 option #2 or: email@example.com) to confirm any suspicious request.
- Entegrus has been made aware of customers receiving fraudulent phone calls claiming a deposit or a bill must be paid immediately to avoid disconnection. Please remember to avoid sharing personal information (such as a credit card number) over the telephone, and contact us (1-866-804-7325 option #2) to confirm any suspicious request.
- If you receive a call from a company called RPM, claiming to be calling on behalf of Entegrus regarding an overdue account, please use caution. Entegrus is not associated with this company, please be careful with information provided over the phone (and in person).
- If you receive a call from "The Entegrus Payment Company", collecting on behalf of Entegrus, please use caution as Entegrus is not associated with said "company".
- If someone calls and threatens to disconnect you if you don’t make a payment right away by pre-paid credit card or wire transfer, SAY NO and HANG UP!
- NEVER give your personal or financial information.
- Report the incident to your utility and the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501. This agency collects information on fraud and works closely with police to solve these crimes. Report by visiting the CAFC website at www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca, or by calling 1-888-495-8501.
In regards to energy contracts, see the OEB website for information on what you should ask if you're approached to sign a contract.