Personal Information Is:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address and identification numbers.
- Utility installation and usage information
- Special needs information
- Credit records
Needing Personal Information:
We need certain personal information from you in order to:
- Set up your account
- Bill & collect for amounts owing
- Verify creditworthiness
- Continue to maintain your account
- Determine your preferences
- Law enforcement or legal authorizations
We Protect Your Personal Information
Your personal information will continue to be treated responsibly and legitimately.
We do not collect more information than is reasonable necessary. We keep your personal information secure and for no longer than necessary.
- It is important that your information is accurate. You have a right to your own information and the opportunity to correct anything that is not accurate.
Requests for Information
In accordance with MFIPPA:
- We need any requests in writing in order to allow your personal information to be given out, requested by you or someone that you have given authority to.
- Depending on the length of time spent to retrieve your information, a fee may be required. We will tell you the amount of this reasonable fee before we begin.
- We have the right to refuse to provide information, with reasons, in writing.
- If an individual registers a privacy complaint, an investigation follows, remedial measures are implemented and documented where necessary.
*Alternate formats available