Scam alert: Consumers are receiving telephone calls informing a home inspection is required in order to receive the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP). This is not true. A home visit is not required to qualify for CEAP. Visit this link for more information on protecting yourself from utility fraud.
The COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program for Small Business (CEAP-SB) provides a one time, on-bill credit to eligible small business and registered charity customers to help them catch up on their energy bills and resume regular payments.
Residential and Small Business customers are now eligible to apply.
Applications will be processed in the order in which they are received. Please note, submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Eligible small business and registered charity customers may qualify for a one-time CEAP-SB credit equal to the electricity charges that are overdue on the date of their application for CEAP-SB, up to a maximum of $1500.
The Ontario Energy Board has recently updated the eligibility criteria and benefit amounts so that more customers may qualify for CEAP-SB. Please see below for updated eligibility requirements.
1. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has an active account with an electricity distributor or a unit sub-meter provider. You will be required to provide your registered business number or registered charity number.
2. Your small business or registered charity is classified as a general service less than 50 kilowatt (kW) customer if the account is with an electricity distributor, or
3. Your small business or registered charity is using less than 150,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity annually if the account is with a unit sub-meter provider.
4. As of the date you are applying, your small business or registered charity has overdue amounts owing from one or more previous electricity bill(s) incurred since March 17, 2020, the date of the initial Provincial Declaration of Emergency.
If you previously received funding under this program and are reapplying based on overdue amounts still owing, you may qualify for additional funding up to a total combined maximum credit of $1,500.
If you are not eligible for CEAP-SB, your business may still be eligible for property tax and energy bill rebates. More information can be found here: Ontario.ca/covidsupport
In addition, your primary residence may be eligible for residential CEAP or lower-income energy support programs. Please contact us for information on entering into a payment agreement. You may also visit the Ontario Energy Board’s website for more information.
How to Apply
Return by mail to: Entegrus, P.O. Box 70, Chatham, ON, N7M 5K2.
* If you are having difficulties accessing the PDF application, right-click the application form link below and select "Save link as" to save to your computer, or email us to receive a copy.